Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
So I need to clean my mom's imac (1.83 cd). It has some smoke residue (cigarette not fire). What is the best way to get this ol girl shiny like new?
Also the keyboard has crap inside it, I think i could vacuum some out but what should I do about the stuff that stays?

Do I need to go out and buy ikleen/iclear etc?

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
RS sell really good anti-static foam cleaner. Use with some decent wipes that the also sell on a roll. Lint free. Its ok to use on LCD's, you can also use it on the keyboard but blow out all the dust etc first.

srf122

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2007
iKlear is awesome, but the smoke thing is a problem. I'm a smoker and I don't smoke in front of my Mac. The acrylic can start to look slimy and de-laminated and THAT is not recoverable. Since iKlear is a polish it will help though.

Steve

Mpulsive81

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
McKinney, TX
i was skeptical about paying so much for iklear, but i finally broke and picked up the $18 kit at Frys...i'm truly impressed. I won't hesistate to pick up another bottle when the time comes. Between a can of compressed air and iklear, i'll be set!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.