Best Way To Clean MacbookPro Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacProRocker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. MacProRocker macrumors newbie

MacProRocker

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I can't stand seeing any amount of grime on my keyboard. What's the best way to clean it? I also have a glossy hd screen. What is the best way to keep it clean?

Thanks for answering these dumb questions:D

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I use iKlear with the included cloth for my entire PowerBook.

+ compressed air for keyboard

3. MacProRocker thread starter macrumors newbie

MacProRocker

Where can i get that from? Just to verify, it is safe to use on a glossy HD screen?

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

According to the site, it works with all Apple screens and products. I can't confirm with a glossy since I have a matte screen. Some people like it, but some say you need to spray lightly and buff more to make sure it doesn't streak compared to a matte screen.

Picked up mine from a local Apple Store. Call ahead to make sure they have some in stock.

Or online http://www.klearscreen.com/iKlear.aspx

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yes its safe on glossy screens, you can get from Amazon aswell as other outlets

6. ra noodle Guest

macprorocker

whatever you clean the keys with do NOT use ANY alcohol....my MBP15 i thought what i saw was grime and tried lacquer thinner--well it wasn't grime these are plastic keys that are silver painted (hey someone has to make this dumbass mistake) i had thought they were light aluminum keys....but while the screen and keys are one thing does anyone know how to clean whats underneath the keyboard because while i have thought i cleaned it all good one time i inverted the open MBP and semi hard thumps on it and the amount of crap that i had NO idea where it came from was falling out----are those key rubbered covers good for that can you type good even if you have physical issues of numbness in hands and fingers?

7. ant-macyourself macrumors member

I use iKlear for my MBP as well. Works great! It keeps the aluminum casing clear of smears and gets rid of the filth that somehow accumulates on my screen. Be prepared to use it a lot though, because you'll start to notice when it gets dirty more & more often if you're a clean freak. It says it can be used with iPods, but I've never bothered to try it for that purpose.