Best way to clear all data on jailbroken 3GS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by E3BK, Oct 8, 2011.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

So I'm giving my 3GS to my brother (for his daughter) so he can use it on T-Mo. It's my back up phone for when I travel overseas. I'll be giving him my iP4 when I buy the unlocked 4S in Nov as well. I want to clean off all my data but I don't think Apple is signing 4.3.3 anymore.

The 3GS is currently on 4.3.3 with the 5.13.04 baseband. below is a screen shot of my SHSH blobs saved in Cydia. 4.3.3 isn't listed, which is odd since that's what I have loaded now. I tried using a custom .ipsw from Pwnage to do a custom restore in iTunes but get the "this device isn't eligible for the requested build" error message.

I got the phone out of DFU mode so it still works but trying to find best way to clear all my music, photos, apps, etc off of it. Will need to do the same for the iP4. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0039.PNG

2. Applejuiced, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can only restore to the version you have listed there and use TU to do it.

3. E3BK, Oct 9, 2011

E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

TU = Tiny Umbrella?

By use TU, do you mean turn on the TSS server while restoring the iPhone? 4.3.3 isn't listed in Cydia (again, not sure why since I've opened Cydia plenty of time so it should have backed up?)

I've never restored w/ Tiny Umbrella so I don't have a lot of comfort using it. I thought it was just for downgrading your OS. I found this on iClarified but I'm not downgrading.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it's not listed then you don't have it.
    You can only restore to what versions are listed up there.

5. eastercat, Oct 9, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Installing anything other that the current ios is a downgrade in apple's eyes.
    From your pic, it looks like you have 4.3.2. Use pwnage or snowbreeze to create a custom ios and install that.