Best way to cover micro scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncanator, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

So I had a tempered glass but it was a crappy one to say the least. Ended up taking it off and just waiting on my slickwraps to come in today. However, in between taking the old protector on and today, I have gained many micro scratches on the screen. I’ll just chalk it up to being my fault although I do not put my phone in my pocket or sit the phone on anything abrasive. Oh well. I have heard that putting a screen protector on covers the micro scratches. Is this true?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think a screen protector will certainly help hide the scratches easier. But it also depends how badly its scratched. But being if they're very minimal, you likely won't see them at all with the screen protector.

3. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I definitely think it is the coating as the scratches are only visible in certain lighting and angles. Not a big deal as my phone is a tool but if it’ll help hid them nonetheless that’ll be good.

4. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

Screen protector will cover minor scratches, at least in my experience.

5. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Best way to cover them? Don't shine light and look for them when the screen is off... Micro scratches should not be able to be seen with the screen on...

6. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

7. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Putting glass on top of glass to prevent micro scratches on the bottom glass is just absurd.

8. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Micro scratches don’t bother me as much as paint chipping off from the rim around the back camera... the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus was bad for it and by the looks of it ... the iphone8 and 8 Plus is even worse...

It seems nit picky, but the paint chipping off that camera ring annoys the f#%k out of me