Best way to deliver video for I-Web/MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marvingentry, Feb 4, 2010.

1. marvingentry macrumors newbie

I'm creating a web site with my MobileMe/I-Web account. The site will have around 200 videos. Each video will be 2-3 minutes long. They will be edited videos- not just one clip.

Question: Should I use I-Movie, or Final Cut Express, to edit. Secondly, how should I set my preferences/options- to get a quality video that plays without buffering?

Thanks much!

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

How much editing do you plan on doing to your videos? If it's just a matter of sequencing some clips and tossing in a few transitions and titles, then iMovie will be fine. If you need more than that, then you can try FCE.

iMovie has that nifty "share" feature that lets you select a preset for final delivery options. I think one of them is iWeb, and i know that YouTube is another. Either is fine for small clips that load and play quickly on the web.

3. marvingentry thread starter macrumors newbie

My videos will have basic transitions and text. I would think that FC Express has more export options than I-Movie. thanks.

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

No they both export with quicktime, so their export options are identical. iMovie has presets like spice weasel said that would make your life easier.
    If you don't like those, they you can roll your own custom settings in quicktime.

Haven't we gone over this whole buffering thing in another thread though? Maybe that was someone else.

Keep your total bitrate under 1500kbits ( including audio ) and it will be very unlikely you'll have to have the customer buffer even in the worst of conditions.

You'll have to work out what bitrate you're comfortable with based on the source material, resolution, framerate, etc.

Good luck!