Best way to demonstrate the screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nova Sensei, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Hey,

Amongst my close friends, family, and colleagues I'm really the only Apple nerd. Nobody I know can understand why I sold my "perfectly good" iPad2 to purchase the "new" iPad (and wait 3 weeks to get it). I try to explain the high resolution screen to them but receive only blanks looks in return.

So, what's going to be the best way to show off the screen to these people once the new iPad is in my manly hands? A 4K Youtube video? A 1080p movie file? A high quality photo? Super Duper HD Angry Birds (we all know that it's coming!).

Your suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

the standard Maps app looks like a nice way to show it, Maps have so much detail in them that the higher resolution will make them look so much better, although unless they have an older iPad to compare it to they probably won't be as impressed.

for a video test, i like to use this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62iu37ZuMnw I downloaded it in 1080p using Keepvid.com to try on my new iPad.

3. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Licking it helps :D. If you don't have the iPad available , you can do it on a sheet of paper. Draw a circle and ask people to see if they can see the particles that make up the circle. If they can't then you can say that is pretty much what the new iPad will essentially be like.

4. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Personally, I think just showing them the NY Times webpage and iBooks will be enough. The writing will be so crisp that you forget it's a digital image.

I remember that my girlfriend was most impressed with how clear text messages looked on the iPhone 4 when it first came out. Fonts never looked so good.

5. amorya macrumors 6502

Text. When I got my iPhone 4, it was things like web pages that showed the improvements most. Photos are less noticeable. I'd open Safari or iBooks.

6. grimmace macrumors regular

I would just invite them all to come see me and then take a quick video using the iPad and then show them the video on the new screen. The camera on the iPad is reason enough for the new purchase. That should demonstrate the BIG difference in both screen and camera.

7. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm telling everyone I still have my iPad 2 so they leave me alone...