Best way to destroy a PC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lakeland, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lakeland macrumors newbie

I am trying to find out the best way to render my PC useless in such a manner that it appears to be an "accident". I was thinking about dropping it down the stairs on my way into work, but I want to make sure that the computer will not be able to be repaired by service. I was thinking about having the computer running, possibly be doing some large file transfers when the incident occurs to be sure that some serious damage occurs to the core components. :rolleyes:

I know this is a very strange post but I have been having some serious stability problems with my HP for the past year, and the company I bought it from will not accept it for service unless it has a hardware problem (which it does, but they insist that it's software related). I have full coverage on the unit so it will be replaced if it cannot be fixed, which is exactly what I plan on doing! I hope to sell the replacement PC that they send me to help pay for my soon-to-be MBP!

Any suggestions? :D Thanks!

2. Cameron08 macrumors member

You could damage the motherboard, bust the lcd,take out the hdd and slam it to the ground. You may need to do some unscrewing to get access to those components.

Not sure if I should be giving you this advice I don't mind personally, but not sure if it voids the rules here.

-Cameron

3. Lakeland thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I am sure that would do the trick just fine, but I need it to look like an accident! :)

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I would go at it like the guys from office space do on the printer/fax machine.

It feels good to be a gangsta:D

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This forum is not the appropriate place to discuss, advise or recommend any illegal, unethical or fraudulent activity.

6. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

When you say 'accident,' do you mean like a "whoops!" accident or a "our bad! components suck." kind of accident? The first kind you could probably accidentally have someone spill coffee on your keyboard :D... However, doing this is fraud (even though it sounds like the place you bought this could be charged with the same crime) and could find yourself in a worse situation. If there is a problem with your computer, and it's not software, then you probably need to be a bit more persistent.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

8. Lakeland thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

ok, if this is fraud I apologize I was not aware.

9. savvos macrumors regular

Just be careful not to over-stress the machine with something like an overclocking utility and non-stop usage, it might cause the faulty components to break;)

10. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I've heard stories that water does not mix well with electronics.

11. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

thread police to the rescue :cool:

12. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you didn't think it was fraud, what did you think it was?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.