Best way to downgrade to 4.3.3 from iOS 5 beta 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sofakng, Aug 4, 2011.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

What is the "best" way to downgrade from iOS 5 beta 4 to 4.3.3?

The last time I tried, I needed to use fixrecovery43.exe because the recovery wouldn't finish the progress. ("Exit Recovery" wouldn't work from TinyUmbrella as well as other "Exit Recovery" applications)

Is there a "cleaner" method to downgrade? (also, if I downgrade to 4.3.5 will that downgrade my baseband so it's an older version similar to the one included with 4.3.3? I'm worried about what might break using the iOS 5 baseband with 4.3.3 firmware)

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I have an external partition running Snow Leopard with iTunes 10.4 installed.

To downgrade to the latest firmware (non-beta), I simply enter DFU mode and Option+Click on Restore and choose the firmware ipsw. As far as I know, 4.3.3 is no longer being signed, so you will have more of a task going back to that particular firmware, and could well be out of luck completely if you have no SH blobs saved.

3. sofakng thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

I do have my SHSH blobs saved from just about every iOS version for my iPhone 4.

The problem I had the last time was that after my iPhone was restored halfway, it rebooted (which is normal, I think) but then it went into a recovery mode loop.

I couldn't exit the loop using iRec (or whatever it's called) or TinyUmbrella "Exit Recovery". The only thing that worked was using fixrecovery43.exe which I think uses GreenPoison.