Best way to downgrade to iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleTech22, Jan 27, 2015.

1. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

So I got the 6 the day it came out, and my first mistake was getting it in black(only color available at the time). Over time I have gotten to miss the design and size of the iPhone 5/5S so I have been thinking of downgrading. I have been trying to think of the best way to do this as I do not have an "upgrade" available to downgrade to the iPhone 5S.

A few points:
    -I have a SquareTrade warranty on my 6 which I can get a nearly full refund for

-I would like to have insurance on the "new" iPhone 5S, but I don't believe I can go through SquareTrade if I buy a 6 used

-I could sell the 6 back to Sprint for $340 or sell it on eBay

-I would like to have over 16GB of storage on the "new" iPhone

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Sell the 6 on swappa. Then buy a 5s on swappa.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You could sell the 6 on eBay or Swappa. If you want a brand new 5s, you can buy a SIM free model directly from Apple, then add AppleCare to it. Otherwise, you can try to find a 5s on eBay that has some sort of extended warranty included with the phone.

4. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

As a current 5s user be aware these software updates are not 5s friendly and you may want to buy new and stay with ios 7 as long as you can or wait for the June release and hope for a better form fit. I laugh watching people try to use the 6 and plus with one hand that second hand almost always has to take hold.

5. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

There are used 5s that are still on iOS 7.

6. flur macrumors 68000

This is debatable. Some 5s users are having issues, some aren't.

Unfortunately for the OP there's no way of knowing which phones will and which won't.

7. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Just trade for an iPhone 5S + cash on Kijiji.

8. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

The main issue I'm having is that I would love to get insurance on the phone, but I believe SquareTrade only sells warranties for new phones? Or does anyone know any other insurance providers that allow used warranties?

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have a 6+ 64GB and a 5S 16GB. My regret is purchasing a 16GB 5S. I wish I could trade my 5S 16GB for a 32GB at Apple and pay the difference. Personally, the 6 is a really nice phone. Do you actually miss the 5/5S that much? Because, I'm willing to let the 5S go (to a family member), if not, for the small storage space and the fact I purchase it full price at Apple 9 months ago. I'm also considering trading my 5S for a 6 64GB. I just don't know where to begin doing this.