Best way to duplicate video metadata?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbianco123, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jbianco123 macrumors newbie

So I re-ripped some episodes that I now need to re-tag. I have lower quality files already tagged, but alas, I've scoured the internet and haven't come up with any resources to automate this. I can use Lostify to "lock" the fields but still have to manually enter the title, episode ID and such, and copy and paste the description.

In my dreams, I envision an application with two drop-zones that would duplicate the metadata from one file to another. I do this sort of thing often enough to really need it. I've looked at the command-line tools for Atomic Parsley and MP4Tags (which is awesome and if built from source can now successfully edit the CNID and HD tags resulting in the dual-format HD-SD files you see on iTunes) but have no "copy" function.

Does anyone know of any resource that can do this sort of duplication?

2. jbianco123 thread starter macrumors newbie

No one? Fair enough, I know it's a tough question. So let me pose this: does anyone know of good resources or other bulletin boards that might get me closer to an answer? The official site for Atomic Parsley is hopelessly out of date, and the board for mp4tags is all developer info like build tracking. Nonetheless, thanks for your time!

3. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

MetaX I know is one of the most popular metadata taggers out there. I have no idea if it will do what your asking as I have no experience with this.

4. jbianco123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately MetaX doesn't do this as far as I can tell. I wish I knew more about developing a quick app that just pulls the data, stores it in variables, and then re-enters it via terminal. Note to developers: I'd certainly pay good money for this. I'm probably not the only one!

5. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Go buy yourself a C++ or Objective-C book, start reading, and make a hobby out of it lol. That would be a really fun project to work on. I'm taking C next semester so I'm no help yet lol.