Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Hi all,

Hope you can help. I've just got my Apple iPad back to the UK from the States and absolutely loving it. Woo-hoo!

I just have a quick question - what is the best program to encode video to iPad spec?

I've got some files but don't know if there's anything available with iPad presets (dimensions and so on) which make the whole thing easier? I've got iSquint, will that do it? I checked for updates but it's saying it's no longer being developed. Boo :(

The correct file type should be MP4, right? To play on iPad?

So, if anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

hasteveha

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
lol you are right!! sweet. Is there a profile for the ipad? What settings should I use?

Thanks guys

Pinkpower

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
lol you are right!! sweet. Is there a profile for the ipad? What settings should I use?

Thanks guys

I've been hearing that the ATV and Universal presets present good results; ATV producing better results (From the screenshots though, I couldn't tell a difference). There's a lot of tips on Google, but I'm not really certain which to go with. I'm just hoping Handbrake releases an iPad preset so they can dictate to me how my videos should look on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.