Best way to exchange iPad ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Steviejobz, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I got my iPad 2 on Thursday which I ordered online. But I now realize I need 32gb and not 16gb.

Is the best bet to order the 32gb online now and wait and when it arrives return the 16gb or make a swap in a store (assuming there is inventory)?

I thought about putting my current unit on eBay or Craigs if and when I am able to get a 32gb model. But I'm not sure I'd be able to recoup the price plus tax.

If anyone has any ideas I appreciate it.

I won't make this mistake again for iPad 3 and might go straight to 64gb.

Thanks.

2. Mdifilm macrumors regular

I was in the same boat, I ordered online a 16gb and then realized I needed a 32 as the ipad 1 I had was 16 and I was almost running out of space (I use the ipad to show case work we've done with clients). So I started looking around town with the Target thread for stock availability and found a store close to me that still got a 32gb one and went and picked it up. (I'm happy camper now)

So, my plan was to 1. give the 16gb white iPad 2 to a friend free or 2. put it on craiglist for $600 or 3. return it to walmart (and just get my $ back) the value of the iPad 2 would still hold (look at all the people selling ipad 1 on craiglist and ebay, they are still going strong around $350 even though a refurbished ipad 1 is $350 at Apple.com).

so yes, you SHOULD be able to recoup it even if you sell it like 3 months or 4 months from now.

3. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok cool. I think I will just order the 32gb online and if it doesnt ship for 4-5 weeks, I still have time to try and find one in a store. Just was worried about being long 2 iPads and not being able to sell my 16gb.