iPad best way to exchange?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Millionaire2K, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I never returned or exchanged any Apple product.

What would be the best way to exchange my opened White 64gb iPad 4 for a Black one? I just got it yesterday so I'm still in the return window.

So should I just take it to the store and they will give my the Black one? It shows as in stock.

Or should I return the White one and buy the Black one online and select in store pickup.

What would you all do? How "nice" is Apple about this stuff? Again I never did it.

thanks!!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Go into the apple store and request an exchange (bring your receipt)

3. sealos macrumors regular

Apple is VERY accommodating with returns and exchanges if you are within your window of return. Actually they are cool if you are within a week or so of their return policy.

I ordered a wifi Mini and cellular Mini at the same time knowing that I would return the wifi version once the cellular came in. Once the cellular came in last Thursday, I packaged the used wifi Mini up with the Smart Cover I was using (replaced it with another case) and they took both back without issue. I told the guy that I got the cellular version and that was it.

Also, when the iPad 3 came out, I was torn between which carrier would provide the best LTE coverage, so I got both to try. Once I decided which one to keep, I took the other one back... again without any issue.

If you don't have your receipt, they can look up your order with the email you used to order the Mini.

Good luck.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Just go to the store and do a color exchange. They'll bring a black one out and you give your white one back.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Why work yourself to death for nothing. Go to the store and get it all done at one time.

6. webb70 macrumors newbie

They wont hassel you, but you have to take the first step.... :)