best way to get 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Filmjunkie, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Filmjunkie macrumors newbie

ok this is my first post so please be nice.

I have an 8gb black 3G that i got a week after the launch date and its in great condition (a screen protector and speck case). My mother picked up my phone for me because I was at work that day. So the phone is under her social security number and the bill is under her name, but I pay it every month.

Apple announces the 3Gs so i go to their website to pre-order. I enter in my mom's information and am told I cant upgrade till 12/09. So I enter my social security and fill in the rest and am told I can get a 3Gs. But what should i do? My mom wants my 3G but i'm not sure how this will all work out. Do we just switch SIM cards when I get the 3Gs? She is currently with Verizon but will switch to at&t. Or should I just sell it? Im also picking up the 3Gs in SoCal but i live in the SF/Bay Area, is that ok?

Sorry if this is confusing. I'm confused myself. Damn the fact that I just can't upgrade to the 3Gs on the 19th with the account under my mom's account.

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

the best way.. is to start a new line with your social security.. and by the 3gs.. if she wants to keep her number then transfer her number to this account from verizon.. then all u do is switch the sim cards. put the sim in your current iphone 3g in the 3gs and put hers in the 3g..

3. Filmjunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I don't want to have to buy the 3Gs but my 8gb 3G is already out of memory... so i guess i have to.