Best way to get a new iPhone every year with ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SluGuru, Aug 30, 2013.

1. SluGuru macrumors regular

I am in a bit of a predicament. I really want to be able to upgrade my phone every year and was planning to go with ATT Next to do so. However, Next is only available on ATT.com or an ATT store and I have heard a great deal of horror stories trying to get a phone on release day, my both top requirement, from ATT.

What are my options? I have heard that you can break your contract and pay a penalty. I have also heard that is hit or miss and I do not really want to do that. Is it possible to buy a phone outright for full retail and keep getting a subsidized phone every other year? For example, could I pay $200 for the 5S and then buy the iPhone 6 for full retail, and then get the 6S for $200 again?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

My brother does this with sprint. Works out for him I guess (a bit costly...but he is ok with it).

4. SluGuru thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! I have been emailing ATT support and asking on message boards for a week now trying to figure this out. It actually does not sound like too bad of a deal. If I pay $200 for the 5S and can sell it for $250 or so in a year and knock the iPhone 6 down to $400, that only makes it $100 extra per year to get a new phone give or take the price I can sell it for when a year is up. This is a much better deal that ATT Next or the contract penalty!

5. jumpmanpro97 macrumors member

6. SluGuru thread starter macrumors regular