Best way to get Gmail to Push to iPhone using Yahoo! as intermediary

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Apr 7, 2009.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

How about this: We forward all our Gmail to Yahoo!, but then have Yahoo! instantly delete all emails that are received there. Then we set up our iPhones to retrieve Gmail manually but Yahoo! with Push. Then, when we get an email, Gmail forwards it to Yahoo!, Yahoo! pushes it to our iPhones which gives us instant sound notification, but then Yahoo! instantly self-deletes it right away. That way we get the notification and then when we go to our Mail app it to see what it was, Gmail will do a manual check and then we'll just read and respond in Gmail. Get it? Please analyze this for problems, I just thought of it now...

If everything checks out, I guess the first step is, can someone tell me how I can get Yahoo! to self-delete all emails it receives?

2. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

(Reserved for possible future walk-through guide.)

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

4. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok guys I am testing but here's the problem: I can easily filter all email to go straight to the trash, but the problem is, it never touches the Inbox at all, which means it is never pushed to your phone. Is there anyway we could get it to hang out in the Inbox for just a second or so before it is sent to the Trash? It just needs to gently grace the Inbox momentarily is all...