Best way to get iPhone 3GS on 19th at this point?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny Quest, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Johnny Quest macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I've been unable to preorder the 3GS yet, and I was wondering what was the best way at this point, if any, to ensure I can have one on launch day? My impression was that at&t stores would be getting a certain set number in stock, which was the reasoning behind the separate lines on launch day for preorderers and others. In fact, the guy at my local at&t store told me as recently as yesterday that I would still be able to preorder one at the store and pick it up there on the 19th.

But the news story on the front page seems to suggest that 3GS's won't be available at at&t stores now. Should I check again at my local store on Monday? Should I order through Apple's site and get one FedExed to me for next Friday? Does Apple even still have 3GS's in stock to ship to people on the 19th? Am I doomed either way at this point to wait until a couple weeks after the 19th for a 3Gs?

Thanks for the help!

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

I'd order from the Apple Store - haven't heard anything about them running out of pre-orders.

You can always just show up at stores early on Friday as well.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Go to an Apple Store. Justlike last year, AT&T sold out of their limited stock early but Apple had plenty.

4. Johnny Quest thread starter macrumors newbie

:/ Nearest Apple store is an hour and a half away; would ordering through Apple's site be just as good of an option?

5. jalpert macrumors 6502

Straight from store.apple.com:

iPhone 3G S
    16GB1 in black or white — from $199.2
    32GB1 in black or white — from $299.2
    Pre-order now and get it June 19. Free shipping.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Best Buys website says that the iphone 3gs will be there friday also. I have 2 close by so I will probably try my luck there. Plus you can buy black tie protection on it which covers accidental damage.

7. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I would order through the Online Apple Store and have it shipped, guaranteed to arrive on the 19th still, I'm pretty sure.

8. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Yeah...I just ordered mine from Apple (32 GB 3GS) and it will be delivered to my office on Friday.

9. mrXniick macrumors member

I honestly don't think apple will sell out of pre-orders to be shipped online.

10. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I went to my local AT&T store Saturday and was told I could not longer preorder. I ask if that meant there would be no iphones available other than preordered phones and he said no they would have none preordered new 3gs iphones available but didn't know how many.

I think I will just go to Best Buy or Wally World and buy mine.

11. Acronym macrumors 68000

does apple not you pre order in Canada? cause from what i could tell from trying to do so i was not able too it would only lead me to rogers or fido.

12. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Okay, what about for someone who *has* to go to the AT&T store to get their 3G S? I do, because I'm on a Premier account and want to do an upgrade swap. I can only do that at an AT&T store. If I get there early on launch day since I can't preorder, you think I can get one?

13. kleinishere macrumors member

Just ordered a white 32gb 3GS from apple.com w/ free delivery. Will be here on the 19th. All of the models were showing that.

14. basicdrummer macrumors newbie

Just ordered mine from Best Buy in Manhattan a few minutes ago. The clerk told me I was only the 2nd person to do so at that store.