Best way to get iPhone 5 (whatever it'll be called)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by h0ttballer, Aug 24, 2011.

1. h0ttballer macrumors member

So I currently have the 8gb black iPhone 4 that I got last September, so it has been almost a year since I got it. And I think its beyond amazing!

Anyways, what is the best way for me to get hold of the new iPhone when it comes out within the next couple 2-3 months?

If I sell my 4, would I have to break my current ATT contract and then buy the next gen unlocked? Is that the only way possible? Im curious how many of you guys who are considering to buy the next gen are doing this process.. Thanks!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Order online when it comes out. Stay away from the madhouse stores.

3. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

mahouse stores? But my question is if I feel my iPhone 4 now, will that mean that I have to cancel my att 2 year contract?

4. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

AT&T allows early upgrading with a cost. You pay the lower pricing, and add $250. This of course can be easily offset by selling the previous iPhone ;)

5. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

So ATT will allow me to extend my contract when I buy the next iPhone? So if Im hearing this right, I can extend my contract while paying for the next iPhone? How much is the fee to extend the contract? sorry for the questions!

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Stay away from Verizon and AT&T stores and stay further away from Apple Stores.

7. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Wait, you have an 8gb black iPhone 4????

They come in 16gb and 32gb models only.

8. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

yeah sorry typo, I got it confused with my nano :/

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Nothing beats the convenience of ordering online.

Especially since most of us know exactly what we want.

Why people who seem to relish standing in long lines, waiting to go in for the "Apple Store Experience" seems to be something that people with nothing better to do with their time participate in.

But then again, whatever floats your boat. After all it is those people who create film for the evening news show, and bragging rights for Apple. "Look Ma" see the long lines!

10. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

so buy 'ordering online' do you one through apple.com or through ebay, etc

11. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

Dial *639# from your iPhone and you will receive a text with your upgrade status. You'll probably have to pay $250 plus $18 activation fee plus a new 2 year contract.