Best Way to Get Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SoftDel, Aug 2, 2011.

1. SoftDel macrumors newbie

SoftDel

I was just wondering on the best way for me to get lion as it seems to have bypassed my island.

Please note that -There is no Mac App Store (I get the "Is not available in your region/postcode thing)

There is no Apple store, we have a reseller but they say their not getting any of the USB Sticks in.

Can I get from amazon or directly from apple online (on a USB Stick)?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I can't believe Apple will let this situation persist for long. They want your money and will find a way to accept it. I doubt it will show up in Amazon but I would expect it to show up in the Apple Online store for those regions where the OS X App Store isn't available. I suggest you contact Apple directly and see what response you get from them.

3. SoftDel thread starter macrumors newbie

SoftDel

Ah ok, thanks for the reply.

I shall call them, ironically I will be phoning the UK apple store, so I wonder if they have even heard of the Channel Islands

4. kvnkvnkvn macrumors member

I know of people in the same situation; it was pretty stupid of Apple to do this when they did not have the infrastructure setup to handle all possible geographic problems that have arise. They dont even have iTunes stores in all countries but they have nerve to do this.

I can not see how someone did not think of this problem especially when all of the current appstores came online at different times. They should have just created a worldwide Appstore, created one for all 196 countries in the world or created stores by continent.

5. SoftDel thread starter macrumors newbie

SoftDel

It would be nice, if I could just buy it.

Also I phoned Apple and they said to go to nearest Apple store and pick up a copy :(

Damn I was hoping against a flight/boat trip.

6. Hansr macrumors 6502a

7. SoftDel thread starter macrumors newbie

SoftDel

I could go down the fake address route, It just doesn't seem right really.

Luckily I can get gift cards over here.