best way to get pdfs onto iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whyrichard, Jul 6, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

hey,

what is the best way to get pdf's onto the iphone?

r.

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

You can email the attachment, and you can read it.

Or you can put up a website with a list of PDfs and bring them up one at a time.

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

4. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Evernote is a good app is easy and can be free depending on how you use it. I have hundreds of PDFs in my account. They are organized and searchable.

I like the new iBooks idea. But I hate always having to sync my phone.

iPhone 4

5. CubedAssassin macrumors newbie

Considering I quite literly just did it, I can tell you how. If you have the app iBooks, it becomes quite easy. Enable "books" to appear in your dropdown menu on itunes. Now, just click and drag your .pdf's into the folder 'books'.

ta-da. Just like music.

(if it doesn't let you do it, you might have to put something in that folder the long way - i.e. downloading a .pdf from the internet/email - and THEN you can click and drag).

That is how I did it. :)

6. pop rouge macrumors newbie

update

By way of an update. By far the best way is to upload the pdf to dropbox, open it in the dropbox app on your iphone or ipod (you have to restart it to refresh), then click "open in..." and "ibooks".

The pdf is automatically saved in your ibooks shelf, and the quality is maintained.

7. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

Adobe Reader

And, there is always the free Adobe Reader (4 stars), that not only opens a pdf, but the app has a few other features as well. Of course, that is for after you have the document on your iPhone.