Best way to get UNLIMITED Data in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sirozzy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sirozzy macrumors member

sirozzy

Just sharing how i've done it and it cost me 10 pounds/mth :) hehe....

Just got a FREE SIM from O2 UK. Pay And Go.
    then just bought BoltOn with Unlimited Internet for iPhone. Im already at 11GB Usage + 512MB which is normally in Pay And Go plans.

So far works great :)

Using a MyFi Huawei flashed with open rom and without simlock. I bought it before with network 3 and removed simlock and changed firmware for open one :)

My 2 Laptops and 3 Iphones and iPad works on this connection :)

If u have any different experiences just share with us please :)

If u need help with setting this thing up just send a PM.

2. nlr macrumors 6502

Can you explain whats the benefits of flashing it and removing simlock openrom etc, I've never bought a myFi but am considering soon but its only on 3 in the UK..

3. sirozzy thread starter macrumors member

sirozzy

Well... when u buy it from 3 its simlocked only for 3 so u cant use it wit any other simcard. And even if its simlock free u cant set up any different APN in it. So u need flashrom from huawei without branding it for network 3. Ive flash it with huawei one and now i can acces is through web browser by 192.168.1.1 and change APN for any network in the market. :) Thats whai it means :) Im using it all the time and works just fine. :)

4. nlr macrumors 6502

5. sirozzy thread starter macrumors member

sirozzy

No. The only problem was to have a access to windows machine. I've paid something like 5 quid for simlock on some website and it worked just fine and then just download exe file with firmware :)

I've unlocked it by this website

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/

and then i've followed this thread and done it :)

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98318

BTW. Remember to read about important stage missing. U'll fond it in this thread. Beoe u start to do it find proper solution there.
    Good Luck.

I can just say that it worked for me and its not that difficult and scary as they say :)