Best way to get Windows sound as good as MacOS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mrochester, May 26, 2019.

1. mrochester macrumors 68000

Hi all.

It's very noticable on my 15" MBP that sound quality from the internal speakers in MacOS is much richer and more vibrant than it is in Windows 10.

Does anyone know of a way to replicate this sound quality in Windows 10? Some sort of equilizer or other software that enhances the sound experience?

Many thanks.

M.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Erm... sound quality is mostly dependent on the actual hardware and driver rather than the operating system.

3. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Maybe check your sound settings? Because you can adjust the quality there, but it's usually set at the highest possible. Or if you're running a virtual machine, then check the settings of that.

4. mrochester thread starter macrumors 68000

I realise that, that's why I'm asking if there's anything I can do so that Windows 10 on my MBP sounds as good as MacOS on my MBP. The sound quality is noticabley worse in Windows 10 on the same laptop.

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Ah apologies. I missed the bit where you mentioned that you’re actually trying this out on a MBP.

6. mrochester thread starter macrumors 68000

No worries. The sound in Windows 10 is more tinny and lacking in depth and bass vs MacOS. I was just wondering if there's any sort of 3rd party driver/other software that would enhance the sound quality.

7. puggles macrumors regular

Speaker properties and turning on "loudness equalization" helped me. Not sure if it sounds as good but it's definitely better.

8. ATC macrumors 65816

I have the same issue on my iMac, the general sound quality on macOS side is fantastic using the built-in speakers, and in windows 10 (bootcamp) everything sounds horrible, tinny and shallow (poor audio definition and zero depth). I have the latest audio drivers installed so I’m not sure what the cause might be.