Best way to install windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dilgit, Aug 4, 2011.

1. dilgit macrumors regular

I have a genuine Windows 7 64bit CD, but NO disk drive on my new MacBook Air 13". What would be the recommended way/best way to install Win 7 on Parallels 6.

2. mjo404 macrumors newbie

3. buddybd macrumors 6502

Buy a cheap external DVDRW and get done with it. You might need it again later in case you ever have to format, you'll save yourself the big ISO downloads.

This is why I ordered mine today, it was only 40USD :)

Edit: Just noticed your sig. Doesn't Lion come with a new feature called 'Remote Disc'? Did you try that? I believe it lets you access your other PC's disk drive through wifi.

4. marrzie macrumors regular

Do you have ultimate? Any reason to get ultimate over home premium for general use and some gaming?

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

This wasn't new to Lion.

6. buddybd macrumors 6502

Oh sorry. I'm new to Macs, didn't get my MBA yet actually :p, and I only saq this in the Lion video somewhere so I assumed it was new.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

That doesn't work for installing Windows.

Ultimate offers a full disk encryption option. Pro and Ultimate offer Windows XP Mode (it only works in Boot Camp - not Parallels or VMWare Fusion), as well as the ability to log onto corporate networks. For home use, Home Premium is sufficient for most people.