Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khkman22

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I have a 3GS on 4.1 I am trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 and am having problems with. If I can't get the 4.3.3 update to work correctly, what is the easiest way to jailbreak 4.1? Is it Greenpois0n? Also, I bought this from someone else who hadn't updated it yet and I no longer have the 4.1 ipsw file on my computer. Will I need to download that or will the jailbreak work without it?

khkman22

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
It's been a couple years since I have jailbroken a phone. Do I need to download PwnageTool and Redsn0w or just Redsn0w?

Basically what I will do is just load the 4.3.3 ipsw in Redsn0w and it will do the rest and convert from 4.1 to jailbroken 4.3.3? Nothing else needed from me, firmware wise?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's been a couple years since I have jailbroken a phone. Do I need to download PwnageTool and Redsn0w or just Redsn0w?

Basically what I will do is just load the 4.3.3 ipsw in Redsn0w and it will do the rest and convert from 4.1 to jailbroken 4.3.3? Nothing else needed from me, firmware wise?

No, you're confused.
Do you want to JB the current firmware that's installed 4.1? Or do you want to upgrade to a custom JB 4.3.3 ipsw?
To JB 4.1 you can use limerain, greenpoison or redsnow.
To create a custom JB 4.3.3 you can use pwnage tool. But you will need 4.3.3 shsh blobs to restore to anything but the latest 4.3.5 that is out.
Check out this place for more details and tutorials with pics etc...
http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11

khkman22

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I just want it jailbroken so I can sell it and possibly get a little more money for it that way. I don't care if it stays on 4.1. I believe I heard Greenpois0n was pretty easy when it was released, so that's why I was thinking I would use that. Basically looking for the most straightforward way to get it jailbroken.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I just want it jailbroken so I can sell it and possibly get a little more money for it that way. I don't care if it stays on 4.1. I believe I heard Greenpois0n was pretty easy when it was released, so that's why I was thinking I would use that. Basically looking for the most straightforward way to get it jailbroken.

Limerain is pretty easy and simple.
Follow this for Mac: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12139
Windows: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12133

khkman22

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
After looking through some of the iClarified stuff, I'll probably just use Greenpois0n and see how it goes.

Edit: Just watched the Limerain tutorial and it looks pretty simple. Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.