Best way to jailbreak ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by spacemonkeys9, Mar 1, 2008.

1. spacemonkeys9 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have been reading through the forums, but can't really find the specific method to jailbreak and iPod touch using the PC. It seems to be that there are multiple methods, but some are better than others. I took a look at ipodtouchmasters website, but couldn't locate the first part of the 1.1.3 jailbreaking video.

I recently bought a used iPod, so I want to reset everything using the recovery mode and then iTunes, but I'm not really sure how to actually do that. Also, once I do that, will I lose the extra apps, such as mail, stocks, maps, etc? Or will they stay (I don't really care about getting the music/pictures/videos wiped because they weren't mine)? The current version of my iPod is 1.1.3, and I'm guessing once it gets reverted back to the way it was it will be 1.1.1. I was also wondering if the version of iTunes I use matters

What is currently the best version of the jailbreak that offers the most features with the least amount of problems/ compaibility with third party apps?

Sorry for all the questions, and any help would be appreciated.

2. tacofreak macrumors member

Well, depends....if you like 1.1.4 then I suggest the easiest way is to download ZiPhone and google it and watch a tutorial...its pretty easy....But if you have iTunes 7.6.1 then you going to have to use another program....Just google it

Toobad  is very protective

3. uburoibob macrumors regular

Got the BSD error doing this method on a 16 gig iPod touch:(

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1