Best way to JB 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RC83, Nov 6, 2010.

1. RC83 macrumors 6502

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you are already on 4.1 you have two choices Limera1n or Greenpo1son. If you have not yet updated to 4.1 you can also consider pwnage tool. All of the tools use the same exploit but were developed by different teams. Pwnage tool will jailbreak 4.1 firmware before you install it and also avoid a baseband update.

3. RC83 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the info man, So I already have 4.1 on the IP4.. so what exactly should I do?

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Go to this site http://www.limera1n.com/ Select your operating system Windows or apple and download the software. Plug your phone to the USB port run the application. If you want more info search out Iclarify.com for limera1in jb they will walk you through step by step. You should have itunes 10.

5. moloset macrumors newbie

10 days i try and still nothing!!!

i'v bin try 10 days to jailbreack my iphone 3gs wich is on baseband 5.14.4 and still nothing, i try all the programs byut still cant get network!!
    it says no service! any idea out there?

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Are you trying to unlock the phone? If yes, not currently possible to unlock 5.14 baseband. To get service, you need to get service with carrier phone is locked to.

7. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Greenpois0n or Limera1n... Ive used both are both are stable.

8. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Might I also suggest that you read all vast amounts of information both on and off this board in relation to Jailbreaking before you do it?

You do not want to be in a position where you do something which cannot be undone (upgrading the Baseband) and then coming onto MacRumors and having everyone tell you, "you should've read and realised you can't do that! You're SOL"

The MOST important aspect of jailbreaking is that you are ready to research into what you can and can't do.

Do NOT go asking "oh if I install 4.2 can I keep my jb??" or similar things. READ THE FORUMS. I'm not suggesting that you won't read. Though I'm suggesting that the OP really should have read more before asking this question again.

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I used LimeRa1n on both my iPhone and iPod Touch. They both worked perfectly fine. The software is extremely easy to install onto the phone.

10. moloset macrumors newbie

?

anny idea how do i do that? or you mean is not possible at all to jailbreak this baseband yet?

11. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Just FYI, you do not "jailbreak" a baseband, you 'unlock' it. You 'jailbreak' an iOS. They are two distinct (but related concepts as the latter is required for the former).

Currently, one cannot unlock the latest Baseband. In other words, if you updated your iPhone via iTunes to 4.1, you cannot unlock your iPhone.

12. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

13. moloset macrumors newbie

thanks alot lucifiel !!, but will eva be possible for 4.1 if u know something?.so i can use anny sim,

14. grimy, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  15. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Nothing has been released yet.

Wait and see, keep an eye out here (the posters here are pretty quick), or you can go directly to the horse's mouth by googling ultrasn0w, or whatever it's called nowadays, and see what the devs say.

Do NOT go bugging the devs or other forums asking about it - it will only piss them off and show your immaturity.