Best way to keep screen clean

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BlackMamba14, Aug 19, 2011.

1. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

Just bought new MBA and want to avoid getting keyboard marks on my screen like I have on my MBP. What is the best way to keep screen clean? Cleaner, screen protector, etc?

2. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

3. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Purchase a bottle of the non alcoholic polish and an anti static cloth. most bottles come with the cloth

polishes the screen as well as the laptop itself.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

5. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

I agree with the water solution. I use a micro fiber cloth slightly damp to wipe my keyboard and exterior. As for my screen I have yet to get it dirty enough to require anything more than a dry micro fiber cloth and light dusting.

I do have Bausch & Lomb pre-moistened wipes for lcd screens. Haven't used them yet.

My best tip is that I don't face my computer screen when talking on the phone or sipping on a drink. You'd be amazed at how much random (spittle-is this a word?) hits your screen from normal conversation. And no I'm not a spit in your face when talking to someone kind of person. Just an observation...

6. Bart Simpson macrumors newbie

7. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

micro fiber cloth and some computer or lcd screen cleaner. Spray the cloth and wipe not the screen.

8. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

I kind of "mop" it with my swiffer wet jet and some windex

9. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

10. VMMan macrumors 6502a

Microfiber cloths have a huge range in quality. I think the 3M lens microfiber is one of the best. It works so well that I only need to use plain water and this cloth will clean amazingly well.

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

If it requires anything stronger than plain water on a microfiber cloth, the display is being neglected.

Why buy a brand new Mac & fail to take just 3 minutes twice a week to wipe off the display?

If you follow this practice there's no need for anything else. You will save plenty of time & money over the life of the machine.