Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syberspy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
So you can put a keypad lock on your iphone (I had one on)
You can get a GPS app to help find your iphone, also having it set to not disable when in airplane mode.
As a last resort you can call your provider with your Serial and disable the phone (Unless someone has found a way around that..)

But is there some sort of program out there that you are able to install on your iPhone in order to lock and encrypt it so that not just any 15 year old kid with you tube and a usb cord can format your iphone?

I had my iPhone for 2 days before it was stolen from right beside me, and right now i can't seem to find any way to protect my self altho i may go see my insurance company next week.

Thoughts, other then "gaurd it with your life" and such?

syberspy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Does that password appy when hooking your iphone up to a computer o just activating the iphone its self? and is that password encripted or some free downloadable software that bypasses it in 20seconds

PaulDoFish

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
There's not really much you can do. Any iPhone lock can be bypassed by a simple DFU restore.

Sorry man, but the only advice is to just keep an eye on your iPhone :/

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
I'm pretty sure if you are asking MR users how to be 'secure' - your data isn't worth stealing. If it was, you'd have a team of people. Remote Wipe, password protect, encrypt - do what you can. When something is stolen - it's stolen.

C'mon, you broadcast that information all day in starbucks over non encrypted streams - is it really that big of a deal?

syberspy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
It has nothing to do with whats on my phone actually, it has everything to do with making my phone trackable not allowing them to crack it and disable, wipe, format, reset w/e the phone and the tracking app.

whats the point of putting a tracking app on your phone 2-5min after someone has it in there hand its tracker is no longer tracking...

I wana kick down there door not yell into thin air and shake my fist when it happens again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.