Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Hi!

I have been using iMovie 09 and iDVD to make DVDs but I'm really disappointed with the quality. I use a Samsung HD camera called Samsung H104 (in europe) and it records in full HD 1920 x 1080.

What way is best to get good quality on a DVD? I have a fairly new MacBook Air (from sept) but I usually use my iMac (from 2008) to import and burn the DVDs.

The quality I get is really poor and everyone end up look quite overweight because of the widescreen..

Really hoping someone can help me with this or point me in the right direction!

Thanks so much :)

Lisa

Jisuo

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Sweden
Well if you burn in to a DVD as a "DVD movie" of course it won't keep the HD resolution. DVD don't support HD. What you can do is to just burn the HD movie file to a DVD as just a data file, but you won't be able to play it on normal DVD players.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Yeh okay I understand that, but the quality looks really bad before I make the DVD as well.. So there is no way making a Blu-ray disc? :)

Jisuo

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Sweden
I haven't used iMovie so I don't know what quality it supports. Someone else has to answer that one.

And there is no Blue-Ray support for Mac afaik.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.