Best way to manage documents/administration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mfacey, Jul 24, 2012.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I've decided that I'm done with having all of my important papers filed away in a messy filing cabinet and have started to digitize all my documents as of last weekend.
    What I'm doing is scanning everything worth keeping to pdf and giving it a "structured" naming scheme along with a somewhat organized folder structure in Finder.
    For now, the structure is pretty clear and organized, but likely it will become somewhat more of a struggle once the volume of documents expands. I'm afraid that eventually my admin folder and underlying structure will start looking like me filing cabinet looks now.

I'm a big fan of using best of breed software for specific jobs. I know document management is big, but what is a good consumer grade OSX solution? Any experience? So far, I've only done some reading up on iDocument, but I would love to hear some practical experiences before I try some out.

Any suggestions?

2. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'm slowly finding that might indeed be the case. Besides a more obvious way of tagging there's really not much more that a dedicated app does vs. Finder. Spotlight is also a great search tool.