best way to manage music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nafizur, Oct 20, 2014.

1. nafizur macrumors regular

hi guys,

so, I currently have itunes match and it’s great and all but what I hate the most is when I restore my phone… whenever I do that, I have to re download all the songs from itunes match which ends up using data.. yes I know I can do it at home with wifi, but I’m not gonna sit there and go through 15K songs and pick the ones I want to download. Now, what’s the best way for me to manage my music? Say I have X amount of songs on my phone.. and I restore the phone, I want all those X amount of songs back on my phone.. what do you guys currently do to manage your music? Do you load everything on your mac and sync it?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Everything is in my iTunes library on my Mac. Using Google's Music Manager app and System Preference my entire library has been uploaded to Google Play. Over 10GB, all stored there. Anytime I make additions or subtractions that reflects up to Google Play.

On my iPhone 5 I have Google's music app. I can directly stream my entire library to my phone this way and NONE of my music is on my phone.

That's how I do it.

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Question though,

If you are managing your music through Google Manager, it does not auto update your playlists, only your music.

How do you get the Google Music Manager to update your playlist information?

-Tex

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

IDK. It's always just done it. If I make a new playlist in iTunes it reflects up to Google Play. But I only make a new playlist in iTunes. The Google Music Manager AFAIK and in combination with the system preference is only there to sync my library with Google Play.

It may be because of a few things though…
    1. I was one of the early Google Music beta testers. I got an email and I jumped on it. So, I was there before this was ever live and before it was Google Play. Back when they called it Google Music.
    2. All of the versions of Google Music Manager that I have ever used have been solely for PowerPC Macs. My iTunes library resides on a 17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz.