Best way to manage photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ultra AleM, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello guys! What's the best way to manage photos? How do I move them from my phone to my pic without loosing the metadata (like position and crops) and what's the best service to back them up across my devices (Google Photo?). Thanks.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I tried dropbox and I used the android solution, however I'm completely satisfied with the current setup in iCloud Photo Library. I'm a completely pedestrian photo taker, however.

3. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

iCloud Photo Library is excellent for my needs. Google Photos is nice too, but it doesn't upload in the background and it doesn't sync with my Mac (I'm not going to use a browser to access and make edits to my photos).

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I use OneDrive as my single photo storage solution. It can automatically scan photos, and upload to OneDrive. Since I don't Really need photo editing features on the go, reliable backup.
    Talking about management, I have many photos are in fact pictures. They lack necessary metadata, and I don't want to add them one by one. Therefore I simply use folders to category photos.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've been considering OneDrive over Dropbox recently, mostly because there's more free space with OneDrive. That said, Flickr and Google have their appeal as well now that they have auto-upload solutions in addition to having virtually limitless free space.

6. Petry macrumors newbie

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

OneDrive also renames the photos (on its servers). Idiotic and confusing.

8. Razeus macrumors 603