Best way to manage Post Paid Account

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shadylane315, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Just activated a post paid account but looking to figure how to manage it. Here are my questions

1. Any app or feature on the iPad to keep track of my usage?
    2. Best way to keep data active until end of 30 days but set the account to cancel at the end of the 30 days automatically.

2. joeyroo macrumors newbie

joeyroo

1. Get the myAT&T app it will show the iPad phone # and data usage.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    1. In the Settings of the iPad, under "Usage," you can see the amount of cellular network data sent and received. Don't know how accurate it is, though. Never used the myAT&T app, but it sounds like a good idea.

2. There is no automatic cancellation under the postpaid account, AFAIK.

I initially set up a postpaid account because the local AT&T reps assured me that 3G would be up and running this summer. Plus they offered the first 2GB/month free. I can pick up 3G about a mile north of my house and it's excellent, but am stuck with Edge (which totally sucks) in my immediate area.

My experience was that I could only make changes to my postpaid account by calling AT&T customer service. They were always very nice and helpful, so no complaints there, but it was a PITA. They told me that I could assign my local AT&T store as the place where I could stop in and make changes, but never got that far because once I learned that the 3G coverage was being delayed, I killed the postpaid account. The local AT&T guys installed a new SIM so I can go prepaid - but haven't had a need to do that yet.