Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.PS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I'm getting setup on the 320gb stock hdd, I plan on throwing in my two Samsung Spinpoints tomorrow and raiding them, what is the best way to copy over an image of my boot drive to that array and booting of it. I'm going to use the stock 320gb hdd for time machine.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
to just clone it over, use SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner.

superduper will do the copy for free, the extra features are for the paid version.

Mr.PS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Gotcha, there are no glitches/problems with doing this? It is an identical clone. A hard-drive should not matter correct? I just don't want to have any problems that could later be blamed on the machine itself, instead of my setup. I'm kind of scared of the Mac Pro after having a bad one. :)

I assume one boots into this program correct? Or is it done from OSX and you just boot into the new boot drive?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its an exact clone.
i've clone to my externals all the time. and have had to on occasion boot from them instead of my internals. no issues what-so-ever for myself.

the program runs inside of OS X and you can just boot from the other drive when its done (in system prefs you can set it for the default drive)

Mr.PS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
its an exact clone.
i've clone to my externals all the time. and have had to on occasion boot from them instead of my internals. no issues what-so-ever for myself.

the program runs inside of OS X and you can just boot from the other drive when its done (in system prefs you can set it for the default drive)

Ok, that's great then - thanks!. I will pop the Samsung's in tonight. Can't wait!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.