Best way to organize a PDF catalog on a web site?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by torndownunit, Jun 6, 2010.

1. torndownunit macrumors regular

Hey guys I am looking for some tips on the structure of a web site.

The company has a catalog in PDF form. They want the whole thing available as a download, but also want it set up on the site with links to each page. I am not used to setting something like this up on a site.

I am just looking for some tips on how to lay it out. Their current site, which i didn't work on, is really old and just uses frames like this: http://www.technicor.ca/content/catalog.shtml . Frames do work for the situation, but are pretty I guess design wise.

I would LIKE to be able to use Wordpress for the site and implement the solution into that because Wordpress would work well for their other site needs. But the catalog is a key part of the site, so I would have to base whatever design tool/site type I use around that.

Thanks for any tips!

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

3. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Working my way through the links now.

4. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

hm, anyone have a solution for trying to make multiple documents appear in a single viewer?

I think an iFrame may be what I need but I am not sure how to implement it.

EG have a set of links pdf1, pdf2, pdf3 etc. When clicked they open in an iframe. I am not sure how to implement this in Wordpress though. Could someone give me some tips?

Thanks