Best way to prep jailbroken iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thepopnick, Oct 15, 2011.

1. thepopnick macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I sold my iPhone 4 on eBay with the headline being "jailbroken" because it was jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3. I used the internal "reset" feature on the phone figuring I would restore it to its unjailbroken firmware and then rejailbreak it (using greenpois0n) before shipping. The reset has been hanging for an hour. Should I wait longer or is there something wrong? Am I going about this the right way?

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Comeon now, if you are jailbroken you can't use that. Hundreds of mentions here about that. You now need to restore, maybe even a DFU restore.

3. thepopnick thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, I'm an idiot. That said, I've now put my phone into DFU mode and I'm attemtpting to restore using an ipsw file from iclarified. Unfortunately I just got an alert in iTunes saying my phone is not eligible for the restore. I'm currently googling the hell out of that, but if you've got some annoyed, reluctant wisdom to share, I'm all ears! :D