Best way to present a PDF document on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shoelessone, May 11, 2010.

1. shoelessone macrumors 6502

Hi all!

I've got a client who has a series of 1 on 1 meetings with potential customers, and they're planning on using an iPad to present the PDFs that they have.

Basically, the PDFs contain a bunch of information/graphics/etc that a design team came up with.

The problem is they're hoping to make the presentation as "slick" as possible - idealy, they'd love to use an interface somewhat like the native photo application on the iPad (pinch to zoom in/out) to be able to zoom in/out of all of the pages of the PDF documents they have.

The default PDF reader that comes with iPad (for instance if you receive an email with a PDF attachment) is not cutting it for them.

Are there any alternatives to the native PDF reader that could make presenting a PDF document (which will act as a powerpoint presentation, basically) a bit more "slick"?

Thanks all!

p.s. we're not using powerpoint/etc because they watned more control over the look/feel of the presentation, so they're doing it all in In Design.

Thanks again!

2. jpma macrumors 6502

3. dread macrumors 6502a

Goodreader works well with PDF's or drop box will work

4. 3Pedals6Speeds macrumors member

iAnnotate works nice if they're going to want to highlight, comment, mark them up. I use that, and Good Reader.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Don't use an iPad. Your customers will be so distracted by, or attracted to the iPad. All they want to talk about will be the iPad, and not pay attention to what you are trying to show them on the iPad.

6. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Have and use both GoodReader and Dropbox. Either will work well.

7. RobBookPro macrumors regular

Do any of the pdf readers support all of the PDF spec features? Such as embedded video?

8. kingsize one macrumors newbie

9. salespressopro macrumors newbie

Sales Presso Pro - @http://shoelessone.com/

http://conceivecreative.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/t/5FC3EA4E620D3C77[/URL]

10. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I'll echo the recommendation of iAnnotate and GoodReader. I use both tools. Each has strengths and weaknesses, and by having both I can choose which will serve me better in a particular circumstance.

To answer a question, yes, both of these tools can search inside a PDF.