best way to prevent fingerprints/smudges (without a case)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wiivile, Sep 29, 2012.

1. wiivile macrumors regular

The only thing I don't like about the iPhone 5 is how easily the front smudges due to its use of glass everywhere. Especially on the black one, fingerprints/smudges really ruin the sleekness of a phone.

Aside from cleaning it every 5 seconds, and if you don't want to put it in a case, is there any product (screen protector that covers the whole front) to stop fingerprints/smudges?

Anyone else turned off by the fingerprints/smudges?

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The best way to prevent fingerprints/smudges is to carry it naked in your pants pocket. It's self-cleaning that way.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Although it can be challenging, the surefire way to avoid finger prints is to never touch the phone.

Another approach is the one I use.

I carry a clean microfiber cloth in my laptop bag, and simply wipe it off as needed. Microfiber works great dry or moistened with water if you've let debris build up on your phone.

No need for snake oil scams to grab your money like iClear. You're paying for the clever name, the liquid inside is nothing special.

Yet that said it does fulfill some people's need to feel like their doing something special for their iPhone.

5. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

That's why I preferred the chiseled granite and whittled driftwood of the previous iphones.. Pesky fingerprints.. They have no place on my touch scre.... oh dear..