best way to prolong MBA battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacPC, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MacPC, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

MacPC macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2006
    Hi, I have done a lot of research on this subject. But I don't seem to find a definitive answer about the best way to keep keep the better healthy.
    My habit is whenever I see the battery goes below certain percentage, sometimes 80%, and sometimes 45% I just plugin the power, And sometimes I leave the power plugged in for a long time even tho the battery is fully charged, should I be doing this? Will this harm the battery in long run? What is the best way to prevent harms to the battery?

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

Mar 6, 2008
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    Crud, where is Zboater when you need him? :(

When (not if) he does appear to answer, he will post a link to macbook battery questions and answers. Do a search on the subject and you will find the link.
  3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Because you are reading lots of wive's tales, and outdated information, and people from devil-may-care to compulsive obsessives who insist if you don't keep your car clean, the dirt will increase air resistance hence lower mileage (0.0002%).

Zboater will eventually come back to give your the official low down, meanwhile don't spend more time on it.
  4. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2011
    I usually use mine until it hits around 10%, then I charge it again. Around once every 1-2 months, I let it drain completely, then charge it. Just use it as you desire, the batteries are good for a loooong time, and aren't that expensive to replace. 1000 cycles will take years to go through.
  5. Weaselboy Moderator

Staff Member

Jan 23, 2005