Carrier Best way to purchase my Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fantasyphil, Sep 11, 2016.

1. fantasyphil macrumors member

Hey everyone, I keep going back and fourth on what the best option for me to do is. Background info, I have an iPhone 6 that I am getting rid of and upgrading to an iPhone 7 on Verizon. I am planning to upgrade my phone again next year, starting a yearly upgrade cycle. My 2 options are below. Which do you feel is the better option for me?

1) Sell my iPhone 6 for $270 on next worth. I would than use this money to pay for my iPhone 7 on verizon which would allow me to easily upgrade to the next iPhone next year using their device payment yearly upgrade program.

2) trade in my iPhone 6 and get my iPhone 7 paid for through this year, than upgrade next year to the new iPhone and lose the credit. The downside to this is the credit doesn't start for 2-3 cycles so I would miss out on that credit.

Which do you feel is the better option for me cost wise?

Thanks!

-Phil

2. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

The credit stars 2-3 cycles after, but you get reimbursed for those first 2-3 months.

Also do you have anyone else on your wireless plan? I did the trade in deal, and I'm just going to let someone else use my 7+ next year when I get the new model. Securing I get to keep the credit.