Best way to purchase? Online/Retail/Apple/AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dezlboy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Dezlboy macrumors regular

I'm confused - and a current AT&T customer who is eligible for upgrade.:eek:

It looks like there are four ways to buy an iPhone? (1) at Apple Retail Store (2) at AT&T Retail Store (3) Start process on Apple Store [on-line] and pick up at Apple Retail Store, or (4) Start process on AT&T Web site and pick up at AT&T store. :eek:

Is one choice better than another? Also, for either method starting with the on-line process (ATT or Apple) is there a way to change your current phone number instead of keeping the same one?

Also: can I keep my current (air force) discount [FAN?]. I've read postings with all sorts of different answers.

Thanks!

2. Shawn D macrumors regular

Yes you can keep your FAN account and I would run down to your local apple store, Always fun to go to the source and get your product from people who at least know half of what they are saying.

3. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

i think it's better if you get it at at&t, they tax at subsidized price $199/$299. if you get it at apple they'll tax you at full unsubsidized price.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Whenever I've purchased ANY phone from AT&T, they tax the unsubsidized price...

5. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

not the iphone...

6. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

But they don't know $h!t about AT&T and the phone plans.

No they don't, unless you are in some other country or something. When I went to get mine, I was only taxed for the $199.

7. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

you can save money by buying a refurb from AT&T