Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dezlboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I'm confused - and a current AT&T customer who is eligible for upgrade.:eek:

It looks like there are four ways to buy an iPhone? (1) at Apple Retail Store (2) at AT&T Retail Store (3) Start process on Apple Store [on-line] and pick up at Apple Retail Store, or (4) Start process on AT&T Web site and pick up at AT&T store. :eek:

Is one choice better than another? Also, for either method starting with the on-line process (ATT or Apple) is there a way to change your current phone number instead of keeping the same one?

Also: can I keep my current (air force) discount [FAN?]. I've read postings with all sorts of different answers.

Thanks!

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
Yes you can keep your FAN account and I would run down to your local apple store, Always fun to go to the source and get your product from people who at least know half of what they are saying.

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea
i think it's better if you get it at at&t, they tax at subsidized price $199/$299. if you get it at apple they'll tax you at full unsubsidized price.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
i think it's better if you get it at at&t, they tax at subsidized price $199/$299. if you get it at apple they'll tax you at full unsubsidized price.

Whenever I've purchased ANY phone from AT&T, they tax the unsubsidized price...

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Yes you can keep your FAN account and I would run down to your local apple store, Always fun to go to the source and get your product from people who at least know half of what they are saying.

But they don't know $h!t about AT&T and the phone plans.

No they don't, unless you are in some other country or something. When I went to get mine, I was only taxed for the $199.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.