best way to reinstall everything on jailbroken phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pjoseph, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Pjoseph macrumors member

I have the iphone 3g which is jailbroken.
    There was i believe two times that i had to disconnect it when it was syncing because it froze on me. From reading around I heard that when this happens you waste a lot of memory for some reason.

So I am looking for the best way to reinstall everything and to recover that memory. I am not sure if the only way to do this is to restore to orginal and jailbreak it again.

Any help would be apprecitated

thanks

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think you're trying to fix a non-existent problem. What do you mean by "waste a lot of memory"? Rebooting your phone will completely clear the RAM. Do you have symptoms you're trying to fix?

3. Pjoseph thread starter macrumors member

no problems really i just feel when I look at how much memory i am using on apps it does not add up to the total amount of mem of adding each individual app up.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

are you confusing memory with storage?

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you're really that worried about it, you can always restore, re-jailbreak, and re-sync. If you have a lot of jailbreak apps installed, you might want to back everything up with Pkgbackup first. For the record, I still think you're creating issues where none exist.

6. Pjoseph thread starter macrumors member

Ok i could be creating issues that do not exist but here is what I notice

When I plug into itunes via my computer at the bottom where it shows capacity it lists 2.5GB for apps.

I just added up all my apps and it comes out to 590 MB. I could be confusing something here but it is a big difference can someone clear this up for me

thanks again for your help