Best way to remove scratches from ipod touch screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baseball-kid8, Jul 13, 2009.

1. baseball-kid8 macrumors member

I just noticed a small, inch-long scratch on the front of my ipod touch. I am not sure how it got there but I would like to know if there is any way of removing it or making it less noticeable. I would take a picture of it but I have a crappy camera that can't take a good picture to show the scratch. If I were to put a anti glare screen protector on it, would it make it less noticeable? It is not a very deep scratch but it is right in the middle of the screen and is very annoying.

Thanks!

2. enderello macrumors newbie

The only thing that's worked for me is the following:

2000 grit sand paper followed with brasso.

Test it on an older ipod if you have one laying around. It will remove the plastic's natural gloss but it will remove the scratch as well.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If the scratch is not overly deep you will generally find that applying a screen protector will make the scratch almost imperceptible. You could also try an old windscreen repair trick and use Brasso as suggested above or an automotive cut and polish compound which will smooth down the sharp edges of the scratch making it a lot less visible.

4. aliensong macrumors newbie

Hi, buddy

If you don't know how to remove that scratchs from your ipod touch, just find a professional to do it. Nearby my home, their are many sticker pictures worker and charge less fee if you want them to do for you.dreambox 500s