Best way to return an ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by homebrewz, Dec 24, 2009.

1. homebrewz macrumors newbie

homebrewz

Those of you with a lot of apple store experience:

My gf bought me an 8gb touch via amazon.com and upon loading up my music, etc, discovered 8gb just isn't going to cut it. I'd like to pay the difference and upgrade to a 32gb. Is it possible to return it since I've already turned it on and put music on it, and can it go to apple directly or does it need to go back to amazon? I realize there will be a restocking fee.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

That'd be like buying a car from somebody, and then you see the car's a piece of crap and trying to return it to the dealership. I don't know Amazon's return process, but I'm sure it's more complex than Apple's unfortunately.

4. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.348 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Amazon. they have a pretty liberal return policy, you will have to pay for shipping and then repurchase but there shouldn't be a restocking fee.

5. JAT macrumors 603

Ah yes, the completely insane Macrumors car analogies.

Actually, if you were to go back to a dealership and ask to upgrade your car to the next model up the line, and pay for it, they will most likely bend over backwards to do so, even assisting in loan modifications if necessary. Far more easily than Amazon or Apple will for an iPod.