iPhone Best way to return iphone 5 to a clean defaults without losing Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dyspareunia, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

My question for all you jailbreaking/jailbroken experts here is: What is the best way to take my old jailbroken iOS v6.1.2 iPhone iPhone 5 back to default/stock settings, BUT keep the jailbreak intact?

Basically with the new iPhone 5S launched, I would like to decommission my JB iPhone 5 and potentially sell it, but first I need to strip out all my personal data and jailbreaks/Cydia mods and add-ons. I realize there is a "Erase All Content and Settings", but my understanding is it will wipe the phone and ultimately place the phone in an infinite reboot loop, requiring a restore to the latest iOS version, which loses the ability to JB.

I've heard of some tools in the past like Re-restore or even SemiRestore, but has anyone actually used them or is there a manual SSH way to clear everything to default, with out damaging the jailbreak? Thank in advance for any pearls of wisdom offered!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Correct

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Never mind this post. I should read the whole thing. :)

4. Dyspareunia thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of iLexRat before, but reviews seem positive enough. So, I ended up giving it a shot on an spare jailbroken iPhone 5. I chose Option 12 via mobile terminal and everything was wiped perfectly back to default, while retaining jailbreak and Cydia!