best way to save a pre-jailbreak backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

i am wondering about what is the best way to save a prejailbreak backup. it seems i alway happen to corrupt the prejailbreak backup and have to restore as new phone. its very annoying restoring 3500 songs and countless apps and cydia apps. aww! :confused::mad::confused::eek::eek::confused:

i have tried restoring as new then backing it up, then immediately change the phone name to after jailbreak. this way i have a pre and post jailbreak. but that didnt even work for some reason.

2. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

iTunes is quite finicky with backups. If there's a backup I want to copy I usually copy it and keep it somewhere safe. I'll copy it back when I need it and iTunes always recognizes it.

4. ayush20m macrumors newbie

5. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you have a mac? where do you find your back up? i want to copy mine and save for later if needed!

6. outphase macrumors 65816

Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

Take the corresponding UDID number for your iPhone and copy it elsewhere, and it won't be deleted when you backup in the future.

7. ayush20m macrumors newbie

Udid?

I didnt understand the UDID number part. I can see 2 folders with weird numbers and within those 2 folders there are other files with some weird numbers. I have never connected any other iPhone to my pc, so I am assuming both those folders were created for my iPhone.