best way to sell a 4s and accesories??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ac921ol, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ac921ol macrumors regular

what is the best way to sell my old 4s?? I have about 7 cases and a mophie juice pack, I posted them on CL, for a reasonable amount, well at least I think it is and all Im getting is the good old paypal, mail, pay more mail moves.

I dont want to do ebay, unless you guys honestly think thats a good option.

just wondering if there is a site to unload it on, or if for some crazy reason I missed a for sale section on this forum.

thanks people any help would be great.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you trying to get for it? Have you matched it to the competition of used 4s on ebay and amazon? Even with accessories, yours shouldn't be too much higher in price if you're really looking to sell it on CL. You will have to deal with a lot of spam, but in good time you will find the right seller, assuming the price is right. Ive sold my iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad mini, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod touch, mac mini + accessories, and my rMBP on CL without a problem; but the prices were matched or lower than anywhere else they could be bought.

Ebay may be easier if you prefer to not deal with meeting with people, but the selling fees, and shipping it to make sure it is completely protected is just too much of a loss for me.

The to access the for sale forum here you have to be a member for 3 months and have a minimum amount of posts (can't remember how many though)

3. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

Asking for $300 for a 32gig with a slew of items
    New Screen Protector (Extra)
    White Carbon Fiber Back Protector (Extra)
    7 cases
    1 mophie
    3 charging cables
    BNIB earphones
    box

My wife sold her Verizon white 32 for 210 with one case and box and earphones and cable.

I'd rather stay away from Ebay, especially after reading a story from a member about a seller wanting a refund 45 days after purchasing it.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Looking on amazon, the used iPhone 4s' go for between 210-230 depending on carrier. I think yours may be overpriced for craigslist. Think of it like this, people turning to craigslist are usually looking for a specific item, in this case a phone. If they have a choice to buy the iPhone 4s alone for 230 or buying the whole package that you offer for an extra 70 bucks, I think they'd choose the cheaper one. While it is nice that you include all those accessories, thats not something that everyone 'needs'. Someone would probably just want to purchase the phone, and buy a case of some Chinese website for $2. While your merchandise may be valued fairly at $300, your demand market will be low since people don't really look for the whole package. I would say $250-$275 may be a better bargain for the buyer, especially since the 4s is now 2 generations old and not heavily sought after.

If you don't care to wait, I say keep it at 300 and see how it goes. If you want to sell it quick, just lower the price by 10-25$ every week until you reach your minimum. Im sure someone will come along and pick it up then.

5. Major Sparky macrumors newbie

Can't tell you what price you'll get for it. But I put my black 16g AT&T 4s on Amazon tonight for $202.99. Just a couple hours later I got an email saying it sold. After amazon takes its fees I get $190.35. I still have to pay for shipping, but that won't be too much.

Things to note: I sold it with original packaging and accessories. I also had the lowest price.

6. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

How do you post on amazon?? Im a fan of amazon, so I'd be happier posting it up on that.

7. robotphood macrumors 6502a

best way to sell a 4s and accesories??

www.swappa.com

Sold my girlfriend's sprint 4s (horrible resale value) a week ago on swappa and came out around $200 after paypal fees and shipping. Also sold my 5 before that. A lot less headache to buy and easier to sell (no fees other than paypal) then eBay. And I've been selling on eBay for over a decade. I avoid craigslist for selling nowadays bc of the hassle and risk of scammers, low ballers and failed deals. It's nice when it goes right though.