Best way to sell an iPad 1g?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CrabappleQ, Mar 7, 2012.

1. CrabappleQ macrumors newbie

I am planning on selling my first generation iPad (most likely on eBay), so it can help pay for a 3rd gen iPad. My iPad is in almost perfect condition. The only thing I am worried about is the iPad being engraved. Do you think that it being engraved will decrease the value? If so, by how much?

Thanks for Your help!

2. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

You're better off donating it to charity or giving it away.

3. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

4. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

Sell it on amazon. They gave me $290 for my 32gb yesterday

5. miamihacker macrumors regular

maybe try craigslist? I sold one of my iPads there just make sure to meet at a public place

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

7. futzwash macrumors newbie

sold my 1st gen ipad 16gb wifi for $310 on Craigslist 3 days ago.... just put it for $299. and when people call tell them that you are getting tons of calls and that you already have told someone you will meet them in 3 hours to sell it for $300. Then tell them that if they want it, you will sell it to them for $310. Keep doing that untill you dont get calls anymore!

I put mine up and met the guy that bought it 2 hours later at a starbucks. I had 15 calls in that time... and was still receiving offers of $320 and up while driving up to meet the guy.

8. latisha1903 macrumors member

latisha1903

I just purchased my macbook pro two weeks ago so getting an iPad 3 is out of the question.

But I would NEVER pay $320 for an iPad 1, that's just crazy and I'd have to be foolish to do such.

I could get an iPad 2 for almost that much...

i want an iPad 1 for my 5 year old son to play on, and for me to have one for other games and whatnot...but NOT for over $250

9. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

sold my ipad 1(32gb Wifi+3G) two days ago to a pawn shop for $300, good luck

10. Papillo macrumors member

No way that should work today after the price of the Ipad2 was dropped to 399.

11. mtbiac macrumors newbie

sold my 1st gen 16gb Wifi literally a couple hours before the announcement today for $290, good luck ;)

12. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Of course it will. Would you want to buy something with someone else's name (or worse!) engraved on it? Buy one of the black Apple cases for it and sell them together (but disclose the engraving!). Buyers won't care so much if they don't have to look at it.

13. lique831 macrumors regular

I sold mine on Craigslist last week. Sold it in one day.

14. CrabappleQ thread starter macrumors newbie

That's pretty much what I did. I sold it on eBay and said that it was engraved but I included all of the cases I had for it and my keyboard dock in the auction.