Best way to sell my ipad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Jan 18, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am trying to sell my ipad. I am looking for reasonable money. Of course, it will have to be lower than what refurbished ipad is going for.

I am not good with Ebays and I hate their fees anyway. So pass.
    I listed on craiglist and no one is calling me. So guess... pass.

I contacted few websites and they are willing to pay me like 268 dollars for 16GB wi-fi iPad.

Is there anyway I can do better? You think?

Only option that I see is go for amazon, but I am not so sure about it. What do you all think? Please anyone care to explain if you had a good or bad experience with selling you gadgets on amazon? Any feedbacks or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry but I am kind of newbie. Can you show me where that market place forum is?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. jazziethomas macrumors member

How about asking your friends if they knew someone who is interested in buying an iPad word of mouth would be a great way to find a buyer for it. Post it on your social networking profiles such as facebook or myspace to let your circle of friends know.

6. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

there's sites like anandtech.com, hardforum.com, pcper.com that have for sale/trade forums you could try

7. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Then again, how much are you asking for it on Craigslist ? What area of the world do you live in? You might want to hold on to it and continue to use it. Then when you purchase iPad 2 or whatever give it to a family member.

8. hamean macrumors member

I sold my iPad on Amazon used and got 100 less than I paid. Which was pretty darn good considering it was scratched a bit and a little warped tbh. Amazon charges a fee but you know upfront exactly what you'll be earning if you sell it. Granted, this was before Christmas in Early December.

Whatever you do, you should sell it NOW before the new releases hit.

9. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

yeah amazon would be good, less stress than ebay i would imagine.

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Listed mine on Craigslist and sold it in two days. $700 for a 64gb WiFi plus some extras, used it for six months...pretty fair price IMHO.

I had people calling me left and right offering $650 or less for it, but I held out and I'm sure if you do likewise you'll sell it. Keep in mind that many people will start getting their tax refund checks soon.

11. mellofello macrumors 65816

Use a html template like use.com it shows bigger photos and lets you use bigger fonts. You can just copy paste the html into CL. I have great luck with it.

I would think anything under $350 is highway robbery.

12. MusicEnthusiast, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

How much are you listing your iPad on Craigslist for?

I had to relist my 2nd gen 32GB iPod Touch (after about 4 days), since nobody was calling. What I did to get quite a number of calls within a few hours of my 2nd listing was go to eBay and price the iPod touch that was being sold in auctions (I averaged 5 iPod Touches). I found the average close to $120 so I put it up for that and mentioned that it was the price going for on eBay. Some people, of course, tried to lowball me at $80 or $100 but I told them I was firm. But two people were interested and were willing to pay $120. So I went with the first caller and sold it the next day at a Starbucks.

Are you selling the iPad to look forward to buying the 3rd gen?

13. SplicedBanjo macrumors regular

I have used Gazelle.com in the past and it worked out well enough.

I'm not affiliated with Gazelle, and this is my personal opinion only.

14. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

The thing with these sites is that you pay dearly for the convenience... i mean, sometimes you get half of what you could have gotten otherwise.

15. epi117 macrumors 6502

Just sold my ipad2 32gig wifi for an even $500.00 on craigslist. Was worth the $100 lost. Still have a 64gig wifi ipad 1, just wanted to beat the rush and figured x-mas was time to sell.

Just waiting for ipad 3

16. SplicedBanjo macrumors regular

Perhaps... but eBay has become so overrun with scammers (both buyers and sellers) that at this point I'm not really even comfortable giving my bank info to PayPal.

17. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

Agree completey, I always try to sell my stuff through family if possible. Though only stuff with warranty, as I don't want to get burned.

18. bosco2012 macrumors member