Best Way to Sell old iPad While Keeping Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPad' started by itzcoolz, Mar 19, 2011.

1. itzcoolz macrumors regular

Hi guys! I pre-ordered the original iPad 3G 32GB before launch and have been using the unlimited data plan.

I have already ordered the iPad 2, but it's still quite a ways away (i just ordered 2 days ago, and has 4-5 week wait). I would like to sell my iPad asap to get best value. what would be the best way to do this while keeping my unlimited data plan? there might be a month gap before i actually get my new iPad. is this even possible?

if i change out the SIM card with a brand new one, would that work?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

you want to keep the sim but keep the unlimited data current. Im not sure youll be able to do that without an ipad to put the sim in. maybe calling att to pay the bill?

3. itzcoolz thread starter macrumors regular

hrmm... good point about keeping the payment current. what if i am on autopay? also, where can i get a blank SIM card?

4. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

Take unlimited sim out of iPad. Hold onto it with a death grip (it's worth at least $400).

Buy sim from ATT store for $15.

Profit?

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Autopay is good. Don't stop it!

You can get a replacement SIM from an AT&T store.

6. itzcoolz thread starter macrumors regular

sorry, so to clarify: if i leave it on autopay and remove the unlimited sim card for over a month, i'll still be ok?

7. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Yes, I had the same exact question for the ATT people, anyone can call 'em!
    Just take the SIM card out and keep it safe. buyer can get a new one for $15.

Put your sim in your new iPad whenever you get it, update the IMEI and that CCISD? # with ATT, on phone or online, they have an account site for iPad account info changes. Don't stop prepaying or you lose it, sim in ipad or not.
    Good luck.